1st. floor – apartment with access to the terrace and with 2 pull-out couches
In the new city of Vipiteno there were originally five city gates. The door, called initially after the adjacent “Ungerhaus”, it was later called Pfitscher Gate. It is the only Gate of the city that has remained in its original form.
Vipiteno was once surrounded by a wall, probably built in the years 1280/90 by Count Meinhard II of Gorizia-Tirolo. And certainly not by chance, because the Tyrolean prince, who tried to expand and consolidate his power, he found himself constantly in conflict, for example with the bishops of Bressanone or Trento.
To the south, he had to protect the New Town by building the Bressanone Gate.
This apartment is located above one of the still intact gate of that period.